So that was the basics. And many marketeers would stop there, or even earlier unfortunately.
But the results of a marketing campaign is a very short term outlook and measurement. What about the longer term impact of marketing spend:
- what is the life time value of the different client segments
- which marketing campaigns produce multiple purchases, not just a short term uplift
- what is your most profitable marketing tactic, not just drives the most short term revenue
- which marketing tactic impacts the tipping point in adoption the most
- which combination of media has the biggest bang for buck
Keep to the promise - if you can't measure it don't spend the money. Test, measure and then adjust, test and measure and repeat this cycle again and before you know it you will be able to answer all of the above questions and many more.